Sunday, June 17, 2012

Weekly 4e Homebrew: Fatherhood

Every Sunday, I'll have a completely homebrewed Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition element that you can use in your games. I do take requests so you can either post a comment here, email me at thatrobedguy@hotmail.com with the subject "Homebrew Request", or send me a tweet on Twitter (@brannonhutchins) with the hashtag #weekly4e.

On April 1st, 2010, I became a father. And while life has thrown many curve balls in my direction since then and also because of it, it was one of the best things to ever happen to me.

So below, I present to you Fatherhood, a divine boon that gives you an extra sense of purpose with each roll of the dice.

And no, there was no April Fool's jokes to be had that day. My kid was scheduled to be surgically removed so we were able to tell people about it the day before (but she will hate me when she's about 16..."I got you a car. April Fools!").

Fatherhood
The gods do not grant the Fatherhood boon to just anyone who creates a child. Any douche with half a limp d*** can breed, but it takes a real man of character to be a father.

Designer's Notes: Yes, the picture is me on the day of my daughter's birth. The level of the power corresponds to my age when she was born. The power costs 500 gp because my rough Google search skillz (ie. the first link it offered) claimed it costs roughly $500 for each attempt at artificial insemination.

The permanent bonus to attack and damage comes from the additional will to clear out the evil from the world so that this new creature in your life can be safe. The same can be said of Fatherly Might, the boon's daily power. You call upon a surge of adrenaline because you need to see his/her face one last time before the gods take you.

And any parent will tell you that the second property of the boon is the absolute truth. Lord in heaven, is it true! I'm wondering if I need to push the area of that property a few more squares out.

Fatherhood was created using Power2ool for Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition by Wizards of the Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment