Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekly 4e Homebrew: Chain of Shielding

Every Sunday, I'll have a completely homebrewed Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition element that you can use in your games. I do take requests so you can either post a comment here, email me at thatrobedguy@hotmail.com with the subject "Homebrew Request", or send me a tweet on Twitter (@brannonhutchins) with the hashtag #weekly4e.

I've been playing a lot of Mass Effect 3 in order to complete the epic of Quincy Shepard, a name that is now both respected and feared among the various races of the galaxy. One of the features prevalent in all three games in the regenerating shield that decreases with each attack that strikes it and eventually regenerates.

Consider this my attempt at creating a regenerating shield within 4th Edition's rule set. I present to you, the Chain of Shielding.

Chain of Shielding
The blue energy shield around you flickers with your enemy's blow, protecting you from a potentially deadly attack.
Designer Notes: I couldn't figure out which version of the Chain of Shielding that I prefer. I think the second version is the best of the two, but let me know what you think.


The Chain of Shielding was created using Power2ool for Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition by Wizards of the Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment